Bonus Segment: Toothbrush Stuck In Stomach For 20 Years


A patient named Li walked into the No.3 People's Hospital of Shenzhen in Guangdong province said that he has some bizarre stomach pains.

He told doctors that it could have been a toothbrush he swallowed 20 years ago when he was diagnosed with HIV and tried to commit suicide.

"The toothbrush might have stayed in the stomach and duodenum for many years before sticking into the bile duct, causing the inflammation and pain. If left untreated, it could touch the liver and result in a fatal infection," said Liu Jialin, Li's surgeon.

Li had completely forgotten about the suicide attempt after he turned his life around.

"I have long forgotten the toothbrush, assuming that it had expelled on its own," he said.

For more on this story check out today's bonus segment with Len Berman and Michael Riedel...