CA Man Dies from Drink at Minibar in Dominican Republic Resort


A fourth American tourist has been reported as dying after falling ill at an all-inclusive resort in the Dominican Republic. Officials say 67-year-old Robert Wallace became ill back in April after drinking a scotch from his room's minibar at the Hard Rock resort and later died. Dominican authorities are awaiting the toxicology report.

To refresh you on the timeline, Wallace's death occurred about a month before three other American tourists suffered seemingly mysterious deaths at adjacent beach resorts on the island.

A Pennsylvania woman - Miranda Schaup-Werner – died May 25th after she had a drink from her minibar at the Bahia Principe La Romana.

A few days after that, an engaged couple from Maryland (63-year-old Edward Holmes and 49-year-old Cynthia Day) also died in their room at the Bahia Principe.

Following their death, word came of 51-year-old Yvette Monique Sport, who died at a nearby resort last summer. Family says she had a drink, went to bed, and never woke up.

So far, Dominican authorities have said either preliminary or final autopsies indications are that all these people died of natural causes, but the families said they have doubts. “It’s a complete fabrication,” says Sport's sister, Felecia Nieves. “(How can you) could have as many people and they all have the same cookie-cutter outcome. It’s impossible.”

Source: Fox News

Photo Credit: Getty Images