You don't have to be claustrophobic to get a little squeamish at the idea of being stranded in an enclosed area with tens of thousands of people. Alas, this was the reality for commuters trying to get out of New York City via Grand Central Terminal on Tuesday.
Severe thunderstorms shut down Metro-North service and caused mayhem at one of the world's busiest mass transit hubs. Torrential rain, hail and 70 mile per hour wind gusts brought down trees and power lines Tuesday, leaving thousands of people in the Northeast without power on Wednesday morning.
But if there's one way New Yorkers and Twitter users deal with big storms and tough times, it's with biting sarcasm, grim wit and play-by-play of what disgusting people are doing. Below are some of the best Tweets about the nightmare scene at Grand Central Terminal.
9. The one with pepper spray in her bag for a reason
8. The NYU Poly-Sci Prof's recap
7. The one who's seen this movie before
6. The reason we hate commuting
5. The photo 📸
4. The person who NEEDED Bette Midler to know for some reason! What?! 🤔
3. The nihilist
2. The guy with perspective
1. And finally, should she go to the doctor? Quarantine? What's the protocol here?
Bonus: The guy who's playing us out
Thumbnail: Getty Images