Valentine’s Day is less than two weeks away, and while gifts may be important to some people, others just want to spend a great night with their boo. But it turns out, there are some places in the country that are more conducive to a great Valentine’s day than others.
- WalletHub set out to determine the best places in the U.S. for Valentine’s Day.
- They looked at 100 of the largest cities across 27 Valentine’s Day-related metrics.
- They broke the factors down into four categories – Budget, Activities, Gift Accessibility, and Weather.
- Factors include number of florists, cost of a three course meal for two and more.
So where is the best place to celebrate romance on Valentine's Day?
- Overall, San Francisco, California earned the top spot, with a score of 72.98 out of 100.
- The City By the Bay lands at number one for activities, and five for budget, although it ranks 89 for weather forecast.
- Meanwhile, Gilbert, Arizona is tops for budget, Las Vegas is tops the for gift accessibility, and Greensboro, North Carolina is tops for weather forecast.
Top Ten Best Places To Celebrate Valentine’s Day
- San Francisco, CA
- Seattle, WA
- Honolulu, HI
- Orlando, FL
- San Jose, CA
- Washington, DC
- Portland, OR
- Las Vegas, NV
- Scottsdale, AZ
- New York, NY
- As for the worst place to celebrate Valentine’s Day, that “honor” goes to Hialeah, Florida, which earns an overall score of just 25.09 and comes in dead last for budget, with middle of the road rankings in all other areas.
Ten Worst Places To Celebrate Valentine’s Day
- Hialeah, FL
- San Bernardino, CA
- Detroit, MI
- Newark, NJ
- Birmingham, AL
- North Las Vegas, NV
- Cleveland, OH
- Toledo, OH
- Memphis, TN
- Fresno, CA