With Valentine's Day fast approaching, there are probably a lot of singles out there who wish they weren't. It’s no secret that being single isn’t always easy, especially these days, but it turns out it may be easier in some parts of the country than in others.
- WalletHub set out to determine which states are the best, and worst for singles.
- They judged all 50 states on 30 key indicators of dating-friendliness.
- They broke them down into three categories dating opportunities, dating economics, and romance, and fun.
- They looked at factors like number of single adults, online-dating opportunities, average price for beer and wine, restaurants per capita and more
So, if you’re single and looking for love where should you move?
- Well, California earns the honor of best state for singles, landing an overall score of 66.70 out of 100.
- It ranks at number one for romance and fun, and at two for dating opportunities, but is dead last at 50 for dating economics, so it’s quite pricey to be single there.
- New York, which is second overall, is tops for dating opportunities, while South Dakota, 38th overall, is tops for economics.
The Top Ten Best States For Singles
- New York
- New Jersey
- On the flipside, you don’t want to be single in West Virginia, which earns an overall score of just 34.52, and lands in the bottom 10 in all three categories.
The Ten Worst U.S. States For Singles
- West Virginia
- North Dakota
- South Carolina