Plenty of people likely made New Year's resolutions this year, and like most years, plenty will probably give up on them in a matter of days. But I bet you didn’t realize that where you live could play a role in whether you’re more likely to stick to them or not.
- WalletHub has just come out with their annual list of the Best Cities for Keeping New Year’s Resolutions.
- They looked at over 180 cities based on 57 factors that help promote self-improvement, in areas like Health, Financial, School & Work, Bad Habit and Relationship resolutions.
- Those things include exercise opportunities, income growth, employment outlook and more.
- So, where is the city that's best for keeping those resolutions?
- Based on all this criteria Scottsdale, Arizona earns the top honor, scoring a 65.73 out of 100.
- Scottsdale is tops for school and work resolutions, and in the Top Ten for health, as well as financial, resolutions.
- Irvine, California, fourth overall, is tops for health resolutions, while Overland Park, Kansas is tops for financial resolutions, Columbia, Maryland is tops for bad habit resolutions, and San Francisco, third overall, is number one for relationship resolutions.
Top Ten Best Cities For Keeping New Year’s Resolutions
- Scottsdale, AZ
- Seattle, WA
- San Francisco, CA
- Irvine, CA
- San Diego, CA
- Salt Lake City, UT
- Overland Park, KS
- Plano, TX
- Fremont, CA
- Austin, TX
On the other end of the spectrum, Newark, New Jersey is the worst city for keeping New Year’s resolutions, scoring just a 36.29, and landing low on the list for financial, school and work and relationship resolutions.