When a hurricane like HENRI is approaching, one of the first things on everyone’s mind is gasoline and that can have a profound impact on gasoline supply, but it’s typically the fear of running low on gasoline that has an impact on supply before the storm does.
As far as what times are best to fuel up before a hurricane it turns out that it's from 3A to 5A according to ABC NEWS, so set an alarm ⏰ and make sure to be at that gas station before the rest of the world wakes up with the same idea. Friday is the busiest day, with 5 p.m. being the busiest time for gas stations nationwide.Be mindful to:
- Avoid hoarding gas. Whether you are evacuating or staying, get enough gas to fill your tank and leave it at that. Except in extreme situations, has station fuel outages are noticeably replenished 4 days after a hurricane makes landfall.
- Report fuel outages. Reporting the outage helps other drivers evacuate safely and it also informs the government on where to send fuel trucks before and after the storm.
You can also get GasBuddy which works to help users find the best gas prices in their area via a smartphone app. The app also offers information on fuel outages and fuel replenishment efforts during major hurricanes in the past three years based on millions of real-time fuel outage reports.
Additional tips get your car ready before the storm hits:
- Move cars and trucks into your garage or under cover.
- Always keep an emergency kit in your car.
- Visit Ready.govexternal icon for information on how to prepare your car and what to include in your kit.
Click here for live updates on Hurricane Henri and make sure to download the iHeart Radio app for live updates.