Most Americans have plenty of stress in their life, thanks to things like work, family and relationships. Well, it turns out where you live could play a role in that stress, and a new report reveals which cities in the country are the best and worst at dealing with it.
- WalletHub has just released their list of the Most and Least Stressed Cities in the Country.
- They looked at more than 180 cities across 41 key metrics in areas of work, financial, family and health and safety stress.
- They looked at things like average weekly work hours, divorce and suicide rates, COVID-19 cases and more.
- Topping the list as the most stressed city in the country is Cleveland, Ohio, which earns a 61.52 out of 100.
- Cleveland is is number one for both financial and family stress, and three for health and safety stress, although it’s at 147 for work stress.
- Mobile, Alabama is tops for health and safety stress, while Newark, New Jersey, fifth overall, is tops for work stress.
Ten Most Stressed Cities In The Country
- Cleveland, OH
- Detroit, MI
- New Orleans, LA
- Baltimore, MD
- Newark, NJ
- San Bernardino, CA
- Birmingham, AL
- North Las Vegas, NV
- Philadelphia, PA
- Memphis, TN
- On the flipside, the least stressed city in the U.S. is South Burlington, Vermont, with a score of 27.25. It lands close to the bottom for financial, family and health and safety stress, but, surprisingly, only 13thfor work stress.
Ten Least Stressed Cities in the Country
- South Burlington, VT
- Freemont, CA
- Madison, WI
- Nashua, NH
- Columbia, MD
- Fargo, ND
- Overland Park, KS
- Bismarck, ND
- Lincoln, NE
- Burlington, VT