After more than a year of not really being able to travel, it seems lots of Americans are ready to make up for lost time.
A new TripAdvisor poll finds:
- 61% of those who didn’t take a trip in 2021 say they now feel comfortable going on one.
- Money may play a role in that enthusiasm, with those earning at least $100K more likely to book a trip in 2021.
- In fact, 34% of those moneymakers have already booked a trip, while only 19% of the rest of the population has.
- Overall, 70% of Americans are looking to take a domestic vacation, while 19% want to travel internationally and 12% a planning a staycation.
- In general, travelers are looking to take longer trips this year, with 87% already booking trips for three nights or more.
- As for where specifically people are going…
- 30% are planning beach vacations.
- 25% are more interested in a city destination.
- But regardless of where they go, when it comes to what they are looking for in a vacation, 45% of all respondents are interested in relaxation.