It’s no secret most Americans don’t get the recommended hours of sleep each night, but apparently lack of sleep is worse in some cities more than others. Well, a new report has now determined the cities where folks are getting the worst sleep, and the results aren’t all that surprising.
- Mattress Firm and its partner SleepScore Labs have just come out with their inaugural "Most Sleep-Deprived Cities Across America” list.
- Topping the list as the most sleep-deprived city is Atlanta, Georgia, where residents only get five hours and 45 minutes of sleep a night.
- New York City, which ranks fifth on the list with residents getting five hours and 55 minutes of sleep a night, is actually the city that stays up the latest, with the average bedtime of 11:55 pm.
Ten Most Sleep-Deprived Cities in the U.S.
- Atlanta (5 hours, 45 minutes)
- Dallas Fort-Worth (5 hours, 46 minutes)
- Houston (5 hours, 48 minutes)
- Los Angeles (5 hours, 51 minutes)
- New York City (5 hours, 55 minutes)
- Philadelphia (5 hours, 58 minutes)
- San Francisco (5 hours, 59 minutes)
- Chicago (6 hours, 1 minute)
- Washington DC (6 hours, 2 minutes)
- Boston (6 hours, 3 minutes)