There’s no doubt being a stay-at-home parent is hard work, but is it actually a job? Well, it turns out most people think it is.
A new YouGov poll finds:
- 63% of Americans believe stay-at-home mom and stay-at-home dad should be considered jobs.
- 8% think only a stay-at-home mom is a job, while 5% say the same about stay-at-home dad.
- 14% don’t think either is actually a job.
Of course those numbers change among people who have kids.
- 61% of moms with kids under 18 think both should be considered jobs.
- 17% of moms think only stay-at-home mom is a job title, while 7% say the same about dads.
- 9% of moms think neither is a job.
- 48% of dads with kids under 18 feel say both are jobs.
- Meanwhile, 15% of dads think stay-at-home mom is a job title, and an equal amount say the same things about dads.
- 14% of dads think neither should be considered a job.