While nobody knows just how long they are going to live, where you reside could play a role in your life expectancy, and a new report reveals the residents of which state may just live the longest.
- The Centers for Disease Control has just revealed the life expectancy for each state in the U.S., using data from 2018 (the last year available).
- The overall life expectancy in the U.S. is 78.7 years, a slight increase from 2017, which was 78.6.
- The U.S. state with the highest life expectancy is Hawaii, where folks live, on average to 81.
- West Virginia has the lowest life expectancy, at only 74.4 years, over four years less that the overall U.S. average.
- When it comes to gender, the overall life expectancy for men in the U.S. is 76.2 years, while women live longer, 81.2 years.
- Men in California have the highest life expectancy, 78.4 years, while women in Hawaii have the highest, 84 years.
- Once again, West Virginia has the lowest life expectancy for both men and women, men 71.7 years and women 77.3.
Top Ten States With The Highest Life Expectancy
- New York
- New Jersey
- Rhode Island
Top Ten States With The Lowest Life Expectancy
- West Virginia
- South Carolina