In Liberty, New York, 28-year-old Christopher Pekny will unfortunately never meet his child. The expectant father was killed when a device he was building for a gender reveal party exploded. Pekny was killed by the blast and his 27-year-old brother, Michael Pekny, was injured. His oldest brother, Peter Pekny Jr, described what happened as "the freakiest of freak accidents that I could ever imagine." He said he did not know what had set off the explosion. The death is the latest in a string of tragedies blamed on faulty gender reveal devices in recent years. A Michigan man was killed earlier this month when he was struck by shrapnel from the gender reveal cannon being used at a baby shower. Another gender reveal device sparked a wildfire that burned thousands of acres and killed a firefighter in Southern California last year.