Saturday was National Beach Day, and with beaches being one of the few places where it’s easy to be socially distant, folks have been relying on them to get them out of the house all summer. But it’s no secret that some beaches are better than others. So, which beaches are the best in the U.S.?
- Well, Florida International University professor Stephen Leatherman, a.k.a. Dr. Beach, has once again made his choices for the best beaches in the U.S.
- The list is based on FIFTY different criteria, like water temperature, sand quality, water color, noise levels and more.
- Toping the list this year is Grayton Beach State Park in the Florida Panhandle.
- According to Dr. Beach, it features “sugar-white sand and emerald green water,’ as well as, great restaurants and accommodations close by.
Dr. Beach’s Top Ten Beaches in the U.S.
- Grayton Beach State Park, Santa Rosa Beach, FL
- Ocracoke Lifeguarded Beach, Outer Banks, NC
- Coopers Beach, Southampton, NY
- Duke Kahanamoku Beach, Oahu, HI
- Lighthouse Beach, Buxton, Outerbanks, North Carolina
- Caladesi Island State Park, Dunedin/Clearwater, FL
- Hapuna Beach State, Park Big Island, HI
- Coast Guard Beach, Cape Cod, MA
- Coronado Beach, San Diego, CA
- Beachwalker Park, Kiawah Island, SC