While searching for a home, you may be looking for an updated kitchen and crown moldings. But the most important thing is still “location, location, location.” Picking the right place to shell out money on a home is important, especially if you think you’ll be selling that home in a few years.
So, what are the hottest real estate areas this year?
- Well, Realtor.com just released their annual list of "America’s Hottest Zip Codes," basing their determination on how quickly properties sell, as well as how frequently homes are viewed in each area.
- The Top 10 markets each have home that sell within 18 days, which is 51 days faster than the rest of the country.
- Plus, potential buyers view homes in these areas almost 4.3 times more than in other parts of the country, and 2.2 times more than their respective metro areas.
- Topping the list this year is Colorado Springs, Colorado (80911), about one and a half hours from Denver.
- Homes in this zip code spend an average of only 13 days on the market, with the median list price for homes $287,000.
- Half of this year’s Top Ten zip codes are on the East Coast.
Top Ten Hottest Zip Codes In The U.S.
- Colorado Springs, CO (80911)
- Reynoldsburg, OH (43068)
- Rochester, NY (14617)
- Melrose, MA (02176)
- South Portland, ME (04106)
- Topeka, KS (66614)
- Hudson, NH (03051)
- Worcester, MA (01602)
- Springfield, VA (22152)
- Raleigh, NC (27604)