In tell-us-something-we-don’t-already-know-news…a new survey finds Americans have been leaning on comfort foods during the coronavirus crisis.
According to the survey:
- Three-quarters of Americans admit they have been eating more comfort foods than ever before.
- It’s so bad that 37% have been going to those comforting foods daily, while another 38% are eating them every other day.
- Potato chips is the top comfort food folks have been relying on to get them through (62%), followed by:
- Ice cream (59%)
- Chocolate/candy (58%)
- Pizza (56%)
- Mac and cheese (51%)
- Pasta (46%)
- Mashed potatoes (46%)
- Chicken noodle soup (36%)
But specific foods aren’t the only thing that has been comforting people during the crisis.
- 74% said cooking has helped them deal with the stress they’ve been feeling while at home.
- 44% have actually learned a new recipe while in quarantine, while 32% have taken online cooking classes.