In case you didn’t know, Father’s Day is this Sunday (June 21st). And if you’re still stumped on what to get for the dads in your life this year, you may want to start with what not to buy for the holiday. A new survey of more than 1-thousand fathers in the U.S. reveals their most unwanted Father’s Day presents.
The poll finds:
- The top “unwanted” gift is clothing, with 32.6% of dads reporting they don’t want clothes and that’s too bad for the 46% of people who are planning to buy them.
- Hate to break it to Hallmark, but lots of dads aren’t into getting greeting cards. The survey shows 30% of fathers don’t like getting them, even though 59% of people who get Father’s Day gifts buy cards.
- Dads are also not excited to unwrap books and CDs, with 30% saying they dislike them and almost that many (28.6%) are also not into getting personal care items.
- Believe it or not, tools and appliances also make the unwanted list (15.6%) and so do electronics for 13.9% of dads surveyed.
As for what dad DO want for their special day:
- 56% of those surveyed say they just want to stay home to avoid the coronavirus.
- 20% would prefer to have a backyard BBQ
- And a third of dads would like gifts that create special memories.
Source:Click 2 Houston