There are a lot of things to hate about airports and flying, but the absolute worst is having your flight canceled, and apparently that’s happening in some airports more than others.
- Well, InsureMyTrip has reviewed data on U.S. airports to determine the airports most prone to flight cancelations.
- Topping the list as the airport with the highest cancelation rates is Chicago’s Midway International.
- Cancelation spikes in 2019 were likely due to bad storms and the grounding of 737 Max jets.
- New York’s LaGuardia airport saw a huge improvement in 2019, going from the highest percentage of cancelations, to now only the eighth highest.
- Salt Lake City International and Kahului Airport in Hawaii are the airports with the lowest cancelation rates.
Ten Airports With The Highest Cancelation Rates
- Chicago, IL: Chicago Midway International (highest cancellation rate)
- Burbank, CA: Bob Hope
- Chicago, IL: Chicago O'Hare International
- Newark, NJ: Newark Liberty International
- Buffalo, NY: Buffalo Niagara International
- Houston, TX: William P Hobby
- Dallas, TX: Dallas Love Field
- New York, NY: LaGuardia
- Grand Rapids, MI: Gerald R. Ford International
- Norfolk, VA: Norfolk International