Little girls used to dream of the day they’d get married, but according to a new report it seems not that many couples are saying “I Do” in this day and age.
According to a new Quote Wizard report:
- Over the last ten years, marriage rates have decreased 7.74%.
- On a more positive note, the last decade has also seen a decrease in divorce rates by 19.55%.
- Divorce rates could be decreasing because less people are getting married, or because more are sticking together.
The site also analyzed data to discover where in the U.S. more folks are getting married.
- Overall, Mississippi had the highest increase in marriage rates, at 31.25%
- Meanwhile, Illinois, Kansas and West Virginia saw the largest decrease in divorce rates.
Top Ten States With The Highest Increase In Marriage Rates
- New Mexico
- New York
- New Jersey
- Rhode Island
- New Hampshire