While most people get excited about going on vacation, having to deal with the airport is another story. Of course not all airports are bad, but some are downright terrible, and now a new report reveals which are the most miserable out there.
- Value Penguin looked at things like long security lines, delays and flight cancelations to determine their Airport Misery Index.
- Newark Liberty International Airport in New Jersey tops the list, with nearly a quarter of their flights delayed, and 12% delayed over an hour.
- The New York area’s other two airports, John F. Kennedy International and LaGuardia Airport both make the Top Ten.
- At Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport, which ranks second on the Misery Index, more than 4% of flights are canceled, and about 25% are delayed.
Top Ten Most Miserable Airports
- Newark Liberty International - Newark, NJ
- Chicago O'Hare International - Chicago, IL
- LaGuardia Airport - New York, NY
- Denver International - Denver, CO
- Dallas/Fort Worth International - Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas
- Logan International - Boston, MA
- San Francisco International - San Francisco, CA
- John F. Kennedy International - New York, NY
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International - Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Orlando International - Orlando, FL