With Valentine's Day fast approaching, there are probably a lot of singles out there who wish they weren't. It’s no secret that being single isn’t always easy, but it turns out it may be easier in some parts of the country than in others.
- WalletHub set out to determine which states are the best, and worst for singles.
- They judged all 50 states on 29 key indicators of dating-friendliness.
- They broke them down into three categories dating opportunities, economics and romance, and fun.
So, if you’re single and looking for love where should you move?
- Well, Florida earns the honor of best state for singles for yet another year, landing an overall score of 69.21 out of 100.
- It ranks at three for dating opportunities and four for romance and fun, although it’s at 33 for economics, which means, while you may find love there, it’s may not come cheap.
- California, which is second overall, is tops for dating opportunities, while New York, fourth overall is tops for romance and fun, and Utah, 29thoverall, is tops for economics.
The Top Ten Best States For Singles
- New York
On the flipside, you don’t want to be single in West Virginia, which earns an overall score of just 35.52, and lands pretty low on the list for all three categories, especially romance and fun.
The Ten Worst U.S. States For Singles
- West Virginia
- North Dakota
- New Mexico