There's no doubt a lot of us are counting the days until winter is over. The winter blues can hit a lot of people, and apparently for some folks the only way to get over them is to get on a plane and head to where it's warm.
A new survey finds:
- 72% of people say they get sad during the winter months, and it’s particularly hard on those ages 36 to 48.
- 35% of people will travel to a warm vacation destination to beat those winter blues.
- 93% say they consider the weather when booking their vacations.
- 91% say the cold winter months motivate them to travel somewhere warm.
And some people are so desperate to escape the winter weather that they’ll suffer through anything if it meant getting to go on a tropical getaway. In fact...
- 48% of people would stand in line at the DMV.
- 44% would sit in eight hours of traffic.
- 39% would get a root canal
- 38% would give up caffeine.