There are a lot of reasons to dislike winter and the holidays, and for some it’s simply just a pain….literally.
A new survey finds
- 50% of Americans experience some sort of pain during the holidays.
- 71% of those people say pain makes it harder for them to enjoy the holidays.
- 37% try to hide their pain over the holiday season.
- Some of the most common winter injuries include:
- Back pain or injury (25%)
- Neck pain or tension (21%)
- Knee joint pain (18%)
- Bruises (17%)
So, how is everyone getting hurt during the cold winter months? Well, the top activities that cause winter injuries include:
- Shoveling snow (32%)
- Long rides in cars, planes or trains (30%)
- Cooking holiday meals (25%)
- Decorating the house (22%)
As for the most common causes of winter injuries, they include:
- Slipping while walking outside (25%)
- Burns and cuts while cooking holiday meals (23%)
- Decorating the house (17%)
- Shoveling snow (16%)
Photo Credit: Getty Images