These days it seems to be getting easier and easier to be vegan/vegetarian but that’s not always the case when it comes to dining out. Finding a nice restaurant with plant-based options isn’t always easy, but it’s not impossible and OpenTable is here to help.
Yesterday was World Vegetarian Day, and in honor of the occasion the reservation site has come out with their list of the 50 Best Restaurants for Vegetarians in the U.S., with 20 states and Washington, DC represented, in a variety of cuisines, from American to Indian to Mediterranean. Overall, California is the state with the most options, with 16 restaurants making the list, followed by Pennsylvania and New York, which each have 10, and Washington, DC with seven.
Restaurants on the list include:
- Âu Lạc Plant-Based Food & Drink-Los Angeles, California
- Dirt Candy- New York, New York
- Charlie was a sinner.- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Farmers Fishers Bakers- Washington, DC
- Farmhouse at Rogers Gardens- Corona Del Mar, California
- Double Zero- New York, New York
- Gracias Madre- West Hollywood, California
- Harvest Beat-Seattle, Washington
- Root Down- Denver, Colorado
- Irregardless Cafe-Raleigh, North Carolina
- Linger-Denver, Colorado