Deadly Harlem Fire Likely Caused By Stove

Fire officials believe a blaze in Harlem that killed six family members started because a stove was left on.

Andrea Pollidore, her adult stepson and four young children all became trapped in the apartment at the Samuel City Houses on Adam Clayton Boulevard early Wednesday morning. They were found dead by firefighters.

Officials believe Pollidore was cooking on the stove and then fell asleep. She may have also disconnected a smoke detector.

“It started in the kitchen on the stove, quickly extended out of the kitchen and eventually involved every room in this apartment,” Fire Commissioner Daniel Nigro said.

A vigil has been held for the victims. Those in the community are now raising money to pay for the funerals.

Photo Credit: Getty Images

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content