There are new tax laws and that means confusion when doing taxes. That’s just one of the hurdles you’ll have to overcome to file this year. Then there are scams, finding the time to do your taxes, and even how to pay Uncle Sam if you owe money.
WalletHub has got you covered. They researched the best tips from experts and the government itself. Here are some of the best pieces of advice they have to offer:
- Gather all your paperwork.
- Seek free advice. Why pay if it’s free?
- Use IRS approved software.
- Use your losses to your advantage.
- Make a plan.
- Take the time to do itemized deductions.
- Be prepared if you can’t pay.
- Avoid Tax Refund Pre-Paid Cards. They come with fees.
- Reevaluate your withholding levels.
The biggest piece of advice is ask experts. If you have a complicated tax situation, let someone who knows their way around tax forms do it for you.
Photo Credit: Getty Images