The Points Guy (a travel website) has ranked the top 15 worst airports based on data from the Department of Transportation, the airports, and third parties. They broke down the info into categories like departure and arrival timeliness, the number of lounges, amenities, and transportation costs to and from the airports. Most of the biggest airports in the country are on this list.
The news isn’t good for New York City and surrounding areas. Number one on the list is John F. Kennedy International Airport. They by far had the longest and most delays of any other facility and were at the bottom of the barrel (or close to it) in every category. Rounding out the top three are also New York area facilities - LaGuardia and Newark Liberty International Airport.
Here are the rest of the worst:
- Los Angeles International Airport
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport
- Orlando International Airport
- Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport
- San Francisco International Airport
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport
- Detroit Metropolitan Airport
- Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport
- Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport
- Denver International Airport
- Boston Logan International Airport
Source: Business Insider