- Jason Vargas got the start for the Mets as they looked to win the three game series against the Braves.
- Kevin Plewecki gave the Mets a 1-0 lead with a solo HR in the 3rd.
- Devin Mesoraco blasted a 3 run HR in the 7th to give the Mets a 4-0 lead!
- Vargas went 7 shutout innings in his strongest outing of the season.
- Ronald Acuna Jr. got the Braves on the board in the top of the 8th with an RBI single against Drew Smith.
- Smith got out of the jam when Nick Markakis grounded out to Dom Smith at 1st to end the threat.
- Robert Gsellman came on in the ninth and had to work with two on and two out but got the job done, striking out Freddy Freeman to end the game.
- The Mets begin their final series of the season this weekend, a three game set against the Marlins at CitiField which will be a celebration of David Wright. First Pitch on Friday 7:10 PM, Mets on Deck LIVE in the CitiField plaza comes to you at 6:05.
Photo Credit: Getty Images