- Mets sent Jason deGrom to the hill against the Dodgers in LA.
- The Dodgers got on the board first with a rare feat – a solo HR off of deGrom by Justin Turner to make it 1-0 Dodgers in the bottom of the first.
- Mets struggled to score runs, so Jacob deGrom had to literally do it himself, with an RBI Single in the 5th to tie the game 1-1.
- deGrom was done after 6, but left again just having given up the 1 run on two hits!
- Top 7 Mets had an opportunity to get a run across but left two on and the game tied, so no win for deGrom.
- Dodgers thought they had something against Seth Lugo in the bottom of the 7th with runners on the corners and no one out. Seth Lugo k’d Yasmani Grandal then got Puig to ground into an inning ending double play and we went to the 8th tied 1-1.
- Top 9, with two on, Brandon Nimmo pinch hit for the pitcher’s spot and golfed a three run HR to give the Mets a 4-1 lead.
- Dodgers got a copule of hits and had men on the corners with no one out, but Gsellman got a sac fly which plated a run, then got a double play to end the game and give the Mets a 4-2 win.
- The Mets continue their 3-game series in LA with a late night affair with first pitch at Dodger Stadium at 10:10 PM, Mets on Deck comes on at 9:05 following a full three hour edition of The Sports Zone with Pete McCarthy and Sal Licata at 6:05
Thumbnail Credit: Getty Images