- Steven Matz got the start and he avoided his first inning struggles to keep the game 0-0 through the first two innings
- Mets got on the board in the third inning when Brandon Nimmo corked a leadoff triple, and he was brought in on a Wilmer Flores Sac Fly to make the game 1-0
- In the Fifth, the Mets got their first two batters on when Asdrubal Cabrera doubled in two runs and the Mets led 3-0.
- Zach Davies, the Milwaukee starter was done after that.
- Wilmer Flores knocked in Cabrera, and the Mets led 4-0 in the fifth
- Steven Matz pitched a very effective 6 innings, giving up just 4 hits and kept the game scoreless. Matz's first scoreless outing since July 3. It also matches his longest outing of the year.
- Devin Mesoraco knocked in another run in the 7th and the Mets led 5-0
- The Mets Bullpen kept the good pitching up the rest of the way and the Mets had an opening 5-0 Win over the Brewers to start this road trip.
- Mets continue their 4-game series in Milwaukee on Friday, First pitch 8:10, Mets on Deck 6:05
Content Goes Here