- Mets sent Noah Syndergaard to the hill for the series finale against the Diamondbacks.
- Arizona was able to get on the board in the second by stringing a couple of singles and a soft ground ball out, to plate the first run of the game in the second, 1-0 Arizona.
- Clay Buchholz, making his debut for the D-Backs pitched well, blanking the Mets through five innings.
- In the Sixth, Buchholz came on to face Amed Rosario who blasted a solo Home run to tie the game and ended Clay’s day on the hill.
- Syndergaard only had that Second inning blemish and he kept the game tied through the top of the 7th inning, finishing with 7 strikeouts on 6 hits and one walk.
- Bottom 7, with one on, Asdrubal Cabrera smacked a two run home run and Amed Rosario hit his second HR of the day and it was 4-1 Mets.
- Mets Bullpen kept it clean the rest of the way and Robert Gsellman pitched the final five outs, and the Mets had a three-game sweep of the Diamondbacks
- Mets welcome in the Miami Marlins for a three game series Monday night at CitiField - First pitch 7:10, Mets on Deck 6:05
(Thumbnail Credit: Getty Images)