- Jacob deGrom was his usual dominant self for four innings, but that was derailed. He was lifted after three for Paul Sewald in a scoreless game. deGrom was diagnosed with a hyperextended elbow.
- Sewald came on and cruised through the fifth, but in the sixth gave up and RBI single to Freddy Freeman and the Braves led 1-0.
- Ender Inciarte hit a two-run home run in the top of the 7th and the lead was 3-0
- Robert Gsellman came in fanned the flames, giving up a Markakis RBI Double, and back to back home runs, a Two run shot by Jonathan Camargo and a Solo shot by Ryan Flaherty, and the Braves blew it wide open 7-0 which would prove to be the final score.
- Sean Newcomb the Braves starter went 7 innings giving up just two hits.
- Mets wrap up the three-game series today, first pitch 1:10, Mets on Deck at 12:05, but many eyes and ears will be on the news as they await the latest on Jacob deGrom.
- (Thumbnail Credit: Getty Images)
Content Goes Here