- Syndergaard had a rough first inning. Gave up a two RBI Double to Freddy Freeman and an RBI Single to Nick Markakis before settling down and keeping the score 3-0 ATL after one half inning.
- Noah settled down after that and labored through the next 5 innings and left the game after 6, trailing 3-0, after a 91 pitch, 10 hit, three run, 3 strikeout effort.
- Yoenis Cespedes got the Mets on the board in the 6th with a towering solo home run
- Mike Soroko making his ML Debut was fabulous, pitching the first five innings of shutout ball. His only mistake was the Cespedes HR, and he pitched 6 innings, 6 hits and 5k’s in his first big league action.
- Braves Relievers got the job done through the 7th and 8th, keeping the lead at two runs.
- Bottom 9, some shoddy defense gave the Mets a shot to come back. Todd Frazier singled on a line drive that was almost caught. Adrian Gonzalez singled on a ball that the Braves misplayed and after Rosario struck out, both moved to third on a wild pitch.
- A Ground out scored a run, and then Jose Reyes hit a ball a long way that was almost misplayed as well, but was caught at the warning track, final score 3-2 Braves in the opener.
- Mets are back at it again against the Braves, first pitch 7:10, Mets on Deck at 6:05.
- (Thumbnail Credit: Getty Images)
Content Goes Here