- Steven Matz got the start as the Mets tried to salvage a win in the series finale.
- Matz had a rough first inning giving up three runs on a home run to previously slumping Ryan Zimmerman.
- Matz settled down through the next three throwing 74 pitches over four innings.
- Bottom of the fourth, The Mets started to rally. After Asdrubal Cabrera doubled, Adrian Gonzalez stroked an RBI single and then Todd Frazier scored on an error to make the score 3-2.
- Mickey Callaway made a decision to pinch hit for Matz with Brandon Nimmo. Nimmo was hit by a pitch to load the bases with one out.
- Amed Rosario had the count 2-0, but swung and hit a ground ball that turned into a double play and the Mets rally was done.
- Paul Sewald came on in relief and gave the Mets two perfect innings of relief.
- Jay Bruce misplayed a Ryan Zimmerman line drive in the 7th and instead of it being a hard single, it turned into a triple with no one out. He would score on a sac fly and it was 4-2 Nats going to the bottom of the 7th.
- Tanner Roark was great, giving up just two hits through seven innings of work.
- Ryan Madsen came in in the bottom of the 8th and started a rally. Conforto, Cespedes & Cabrera all singled to load the bases with no outs. Jay Bruce fouled out to third. But Todd Frazier doubled in tow runs to tie the game.
- Wilmer Flores Struck out pinch hitting, bringing up Juan Lagares with two out and the bases loaded.
- Lagares smacked a two run double, and the Mets had a 6-4 lead, all four runs off Madsen in the 8th who was working third straight day.
- Sammy Solis came in for the Nats and immediately walked Conforto to plate a 7th run.
- Cespedes then blew it wide open with a Grand Slam to make it 11-4.
- Seth Lugo gave up a solo home run in the ninth, but it didn’t matter at that point, Lugo finished the game off and the Mets finished the home stand 3-3.
- Mets start an 11 day, 10 game road trip beginning in Atlanta, tonight at 7:35. Mets on Deck comes to you at 6:05
Here's WOR's Wayne Randazzo with Juan:
Here's how the game was won!