- Noah Syndergaard was dealing on Sunday. He was masterful through the first five and 1/3rd innings, at one point striking out 8 in a row, 11 overall, and keeping the Brew Crew scoreless.
- Todd Frazier got the early run for the Mets when he singled in the second, bringing in Michael Conforto.
- Robert Gsellman came in in the 6th with one on and one out after Syndergaard was lifted after 101 pitches, but issued a walk, an infield hit but it looked like he got the ground ball he needed to get out of the inning.
- With two out, Hernan Perez grounded to Rosario, who threw short and Flores couldn’t handle the throw, it bounced away and two runs scored to give the Brewers the lead 2-1
- The “Boys of Rubber” as Howie Rose called them, were not down for long, as Brandon Nimmo hit a solo home run in the bottom of the 6th, leaving him just a double away from “The Cycle” and we were all knotted up again at 2.
- The Mets bullpen tiptoed their way through the 7th with Gselleman, AJ Ramos and Jerry Blevins keeping the game 2-2 despite loading the bases.
- Hansel Robles pitched a 1-2-3 8th, while Jeurys Familia in a non- save situation got the first two outs of the 9th, then walked Jonathan Villar, who immediately stole second, but Amed Rosario made a nice play and Flores scooped the low throw up, and the game remained tied at two.
- Bottom 9, two outs, Wilmer Flores sends the remaining chilly crowd home happy with a solo HR. 3-2 Mets, your final!
- Mets get right back at it with their division rivals, The Washington Nationals at CitiField. First pitch 7:10, Mets on Deck at 6:05
The Hero, Wilmer Flores spoke with WOR's Wayne Randazzo: