- Mets once again found themselves behind the 8-ball when Zack Wheeler, in his first start of the season, gave up a solo Home Run to Miguel Castro, but he settled down after, not allowing a run through the next 7 innings.
- Jarlin Garcia was masterful making his first start of the year, no- hitting the Mets through 6 innings.
- Due to his limited action, Garcia was done after the 6th, and on came the Marlins Bullpen. Drew Steckenrider came on and got the first two outs of the 7th.
- Todd Frazier singled with two outs to break up the no hitter in the 7th but was stranded at first.
- Wheeler continued to mow down the Marlins through 7, which would be his final inning. He finished the day giving up just two hits, one run and seven K’s.
- In the eighth with two men on, Adrian Gonzalez pinch hit for Wheeler and stroked a two RBI single to give the Mets the lead. Wilmer Flores added and RBI Double, and Todd Frazier chipped in with a RBI Scoring Sac Fly, and the Mets led 4-1 going to the bottom of the eighth.
- Robert Gsellman K’d the side in the 8th, Jerry Blevins got the first out of the ninth, AJ Ramos came on for the final two outs and the Mets have now won 8 in a row!
- Mets next in action Friday Night as they return to CitiField to take on the Milwaukee Brewers. First pitch set for 710, Mets on Deck at 6:05 (Thumbnail Credit: Getty Images)
Wayne Randazzo Spoke with Michael Conforto after the game:
Here's How it happened: