- Mets once again got out to an early 1-0 lead when Wilmer Flores smacked an RBI Double in the top of the first
- Asdrubal Cabrera hit a solo Home Run & Michael Conforto added an RBI single to give Jacob deGrom a 3-0 lead.
- deGrom was rolling along until the fifth when he got into trouble.
- Miguel Rojas had an RBI single and Justin Bour added a two run homer to give the Marlins a 4-3 lead after five innings.
- The Mets, like they have all season, didn’t stay down for long, as Juan Lagares hit a sac fly to knot it back up at 5-5.
- deGrom went 6 innings, striking out 6, and giving up five runs in the outing.
- Jacob Rhame came on in the 7th, but he couldn’t keep the bullpen magic going as Justin Bour his his second two run home run of the game, and the Marlins were back up by two, 6-4 in the 7th.
- Top 8, same story, Mets respond. Solo Home Runs by Wilmer Flores and Asdrubal Cabrera tied the game up again at 6 all.
- In the 9th, Yoenis Cespedes put the Mets ahead for good with a two RBI double and Jeurys Familia closed the door for his 6th save.
- Mets are now 9-1 for the first time in team history
- Mets wrap up the three game series in Miami tonight with first pitch at 7:10, Mets on Deck at 6:05
- (Thumbnail Credit: Getty Images)
Here's Wayne Randazzo with Wilmer Flores after the game:
Here's how the Mets did it: