Everyone in the tri-state area are not happy that they are still without out power since the last storm! We some angry listeners call to vent and here is one...
A spokesman for Con Edison says it’s “fair” for their customers to be upset with them.
Thousands are without power after Wednesday’s snow storm. Many of them have been in the dark since last week’s nor’easter.
“It is not easy to be out of power for one day, much less a week. So their thoughts and feelings are completely valid. I would be angry, you would be angry and it’s very fair,” spokesman Alfonso Quiroz told WOR’s “Len Berman and Michael Riedel in the Morning.”
As of Thursday morning, there were about 28,000 outages. Many of them were in Westchester, where County Executive George Latimer has called for Con Ed leaders to resign. He said the public has “put up with enough.”
“The bottom line is the senior management of these utility companies must be more responsible to what the public and what elected officials think and they must incorporate that input. They just can’t ignore us,” Latimer told WOR’s “Len Berman and Michael Riedel in the Morning.”
Quiroz said the storm hit Westchester “extremely hard,” saying the outages are comparable to when Hurricane Sandy and Irene hit.
“Last night was even worse. It hampered our restoration and it created much more havoc in terms of street closures,” Quiroz said.
He said there are 100 new road closures just since Wednesday night. Quiroz said that makes it difficult for crews to get around and do their job. The complete interview below...