Toddler Becomes Tragic Statistic

posted by Blain Ensley -

3-year-old Leon Lapierre of Stafford CT died after ingesting a lethal dose of methadone while in the care of his mother last April.

According to reports, the tragic scene was discovered after the child's mother, Jessica York called 911 to report a medical emergency. When first responders arrived at the home, they found the toddler lying unconscious in a mess of garbage, human waste, and drug paraphernalia.

Ms. York's lawyer said his client was devastated by the loss of her child and asked the court for a low bail due to the fact that York had no criminal record and there was no sign that the child was given the drug intentionally.

York is being held on $500,000 bail and faces second-degree manslaughter charges.


Read Full Story Here:

Photo Credit: Getty Images

Comments

title

Content Goes Here

This ad will close in X seconds.