A major snow storm is expected to hit the Tri-State area Monday night. Since our winter has been pretty mild with snow so far, you may feel unprepared for the upcoming nor'easter.
The National Weather Service suggests that you should have the following items in your home or office:
- Mobile phone, charger, batteries
- Blankets/sleeping bags
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Firstaid kit
- High-calorie, non-perishable food
- Extra clothing to keep dry
- Large empty can to use as emergency toilet, tissues and paper towels for sanitary purposes
- Small can and waterproof matches to melt snow for drinking water
- Sack of sand or cat litter for traction
- Windshield scraper and brush
- Tool kit
- Tow rope
- Battery booster cables
- Water container
- Candle and matches to provide light and in an emergency, lifesaving heat.
- Compass and road maps, don't depend on mobile devices with limited battery life
Stay safe, everybody!