- Steven Matz found himself behind the 8 ball early when he gave up a two run home run to Evan Longaria in the first and quickly it was 2-0 Giants
- Matz settled down nicely after that and went 5 innings, giving up just those two runs and had 5 strikeouts.
- Mets tied the game in the 7th on a sac fly by Conforto and an RBI single by Austin Jackson.
- In the bottom of the 8th Jeff McNeil gave the Mets the lead after a Jose Reyes Triple, it was 3-2 Mets!
- Michael Conforto blasted the game open a few batters later with an opposite field HR, and the Mets had a 6-2 lead heading to the 9th inning
- Giants got a run in the ninth, but it wasn’t enough as the Mets won 6-4.
- Jeff McNeil with another great night, 4-4, he’s been a bright spot in this frustrating season and the Mets fans can look to the future with him.
- Game three of four against the Giants Wednesday at 7:10, Mets on Deck will come to you at 3:05.
- (Thumbnail Credit: Getty Images)
Content Goes Here