- Jacob deGrom was dominant through the first five innings. He gave up a few baserunners but got out of every jam and kept the game scoreless
- Brandon Nimmo hit a solo Home Run in the bottom of the 5th to give the Mets a 1-0 lead.
- deGrom was the ace he was expected to be, keeping the Marlins at bay through 7 innings, striking out 8, and giving up 4 hits, but he wouldn't figure in the decision at the end.
- Seth Lugo pitched 1-2-3 eighth inning,
- Top 9, Jeurys Familia gave up a one out hit to Martin Prado and then a double to Derek Dietrich and there were two men in scoring position with one out.
- JT Realmuto singled home one run, but Conforto threw out Dietrich to keep the game tied…for now, but Realmuto moved to second on the throw.
- Starlin Castro came up next and knocked an RBI single to left, and the Marlins led for the first time tonight 2-1.
- Mets got a runner to second in the 9th, but Pinch Hitter Wilmer Flores grounded out to end the game and a disappointing end to a 4-2 homestand.
- Mets fly off to Milwaukee for a 4 game series beginning Thursday night against the Brewers. First pitch 8:10, Mets on Deck 6:05 (Thumbnail Credit: Getty Images)
Content Goes Here