After a frenzied few days, police in New Zealand say they are certain that there was only one gunman behind last week's deadly mosque attacks. Yes, there were multiple arrests, and there’s a good reason. Police Commissioner Mike Bush says the fact they believe only one person carried out the attacks, doesn't mean that there weren't others who supported him.
A 28-year-old from Australian was arrested and charged for the attacks on two mosques in Christchurch on Friday – along with three others. s At least 50 people were killed in the shootings and dozens more hurt. Commissioner Bush said the investigation into the shootings is the largest ever undertaken by authorities in the country.
Meanwhile, New Zealand's prime minister says gun laws in the country are set to change following the attacks. Jacinda Ardern has announced that the cabinet has made “in-principle decisions” about changes and that those reforms will be announced within ten days.
Source: Wall Street Journal
Photo Credit: Getty Images