What makes a state happy? Well, that may be different things for different people, but a new report claims to have figured it out, and named the happiest state in the nation.
- WalletHub has just come out with their list of the Happiest States in the U.S.
- They looked at the 50 states across 32 key metrics in areas of emotional and physical well-being, work environment and community and environment.
- Factors include depression rates, income growth, sports participation rate, physical health, sleep rates and more.
- Topping the list once again is Hawaii, which scored a 69.88 out of 100.
- It lands at number two for emotional and physical well-being, three for community and environment, and at 16 for work environment.
- Utah, second overall, is tops for work environment, and community and environment, while New Jersey, fourth overall, is number one for emotional and physical well-being, and
Top Ten Happiest States In The U.S.
- New Jersey
- North Dakota
- And if the research named a happiest state, there has to be a state that falls at the bottom of the list, and that is West Virginia, which scored a 30.58, coming in dead last for the emotional and physical well-being, and 49thfor work environment.