While a lot of us are excited to sit down with the family and eat some turkey next week on Thanksgiving, there are always some people more interested in what comes next. No, not leftovers...Black Friday. Plenty of people get pumped for the sales and the craziness that happens the day after the holiday, but how do you know you’re getting the best deals possible?
Well, WalletHub is here to help. The site just came out with their list of the Best Stores for Black Friday, looking at 8,000 deals from 29 of the biggest U.S. retailers’ 2018 Black Friday ad scans.
- Overall, the site finds the average discount offered this year is about 40.4%
- Stage stores, which has 625 department stores in 42 states, offers the best Black Friday deals with an average discount of whopping 69.8%.
- As for the store with the worst discounts, that honor goes to Ace Hardware, where the average discount will only be 11.8%.
Top Ten Best Stores For Black Friday
- Bealls Florida
- JC Penney
- New York & Company
- Dick’s Sporting Goods
- Fred Meyer
As for what items will likely have the best discounts, WalletHub notes
- 22.8% of discounts are for apparel and accessories
- 12.73% are for computers and phones
- 9.02% are for appliances
- 8.64% are for jewelry
- 7.78% are for toys
- 7.19% are for consumer electronics