A whole bunch of freshman will be heading to college any day now, and while going to college is a great thing, not all colleges are created equal, and they certainly don't cost the same. So, how do you know which ones are worth your money?
Well, “Money” magazine has just come out with their list of the 25 Best Colleges in the U.S. for Your Money, analyzing data on things like graduation rates, tuition fees, family borrowing, and alumni salaries to find schools that best combine quality and affordability.
Coming in at number one this year is University of California, Irvine, thanks to its strong graduation rates and affordable tuition fees for those who live in-state. Students at UC-Irvine tend to come from lower income backgrounds, and the mag notes that graduation rates are actually 30% higher there than schools with similar students.
Top Ten Best College In The U.S. For Your Money
- University of California – Irvine
- City University of New York, Baruch College
- Princeton University
- University of California – Los Angeles
- University of California - Davis
- Stanford University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- University of Michigan-Ann Arbor
- University of California – San Diego
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville