These days few people go on vacation without taking a bunch of photos and sharing them on Instagram for all to see. That’s particularly true when it comes to folks visiting high-profile U.S. landmarks, and a new report reveals which ones are the most popular.
The UK travel planning site Pettitts analyzed data from the social media site to reveal the most popular U.S. landmarks on Instagram and topping the list is the always busy, always vibrant, Times Square in New York City, with 7,397,182 posts. Coming in second is New York’s Central Park, with 5,207,596 posts, followed by Walt Disney World in Florida, with 5,159,291 posts.
And it turns out New York is actually quite an Instagramable city. In fact, six of the Top Ten landmarks are in the Big Apple, with 14 places ranking in the Top 50 overall.
Top Ten Most Instagramed U.S. Landmarks
- Times Square, New York, NY
- Central Park, New York, NY
- Walt Disney World, Orlando, FL
- The Met, New York, NY
- Epcot Center, Orlando, FL
- Brooklyn Bridge, New York, NY
- Grand Canyon, Arizona
- Rockefeller Center, New York, NY
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- Empire State Building, New York, NY