- Jason Vargas got his second start of the season & like his first he got into trouble early and gave up and RBI single to Nick Markakis and a two-run home run to Kurt Suzuki to put the Mets behind the 8-ball 3-0 after 1.
- Vargas settled down but his counterpart Julio Tehran was rolling from the start holding the Mets hitless through the first six innings in what was looking like a special afternoon for him.
- Top 5, Vargas fell apart. He gave up a solo home run on his first pitch to Ronald Acuna Jr., then a two-run shot off the bat of Nick Markakis. He staggered through a few more batters before he was take out in favor of Matt Harvey who got the final out of the 5th.
- Harvey then imploded in the 7th, as he tries to work his way back. He gave up three walks in the inning to hurt his cause. An RBI single, a sac fly and then a three-run home run to Ozzie Albies, and it was 11-0 Braves, and Harvey’s day was done shortly after.
- Bottom 7, Tehran had two out and two strikes to Asdrubal Cabrera when he smacked a double down the line to end the no hit bid after 6 2/3rd innings.
- Mets couldn’t muster a run in the final innings and fell 11-0, were swept by the Braves, and have their first three game losing streak of the season.
- Mets are back at it again Friday night, first game of a three game series against the Rockies at CitiField, first pitch 7:10, Mets on Deck at 6:05.
- (Thumbnail Credit: Getty Images)
Content Goes Here