- After last night’s 9-1 debacle, Mets got off on a much better foot as Cespedes put the Amazin’s on top 1-0 in the top of the first with an RBI double.
- Yoenis Cespedes hit a sac fly in the 7th to give the Mets a 2-1 Lead
- Noah Syndergard cruised through the first six innings but hit a snag in the 7th. Tommy Pham doubles, then Marcell Ozuna singled him in and it was a one run game. Syndergaard got out of it with a fly ball out off the bat of Kolten Wong.
- Bottom 8, Syndergaard was hurt by his team’s defense. Amed Rosario booted a Gregg Garcia grounder and the leadoff man was on. Syndergaard K’d Molina, but then gave up a single to Matt Carpenter.
- Robert Gsellman came in and gave up an RBI single to Tommy Pham to tie the game 2-2.
- Syndergaard’s line for the day – 7.1 innings, 6 Hits, 2 runs, one earned and 7 strikeouts. He wouldn’t factor in the decision.
- In the bottom of the 9th, Seth Lugo got one out, but hit Dexter Fowler with a pitch then walked Paul DeJong with one out there were two on. He got Kolten Wong to fly out, then Garcia to ground out and we were off to extra innings!
- Top Ten, Mets had two outs, but Frazier and Bruce both singled. Adrian Gonzalez walked to load the bases and Jose Lobaton drew the walk to give the Mets a 3-2 lead.
- Jeurys Familia got two quick outs, but a single by Pham and an RBI Double by Martinez tied the game again at 3. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Content Goes Here