- Steven Matz got the start for the Mets
- Jay Bruce put the Mets on top in the third with an RBI Single, but that was the end of the good vibes for the Mets.
- Matz got into a jam in the bottom of the third when the bases were loaded with one out. Dexter Fowler hit a fly ball sac fly to tie the game at 1, and a base hit by Jose Martinez re-loaded them again. Marcell Ozuna belted a base hit to left and he had a two run single to put the Cards up 3-1.
- Michael Wacha helped his own cause with a Sacrifice Bunt in the bottom of the 4th to make it 4-1 St. Louis.
- Matz loaded the bases and walked a man to plate a run and his night was over. He would finish the game 3 and a third innings pitched, giving up 7 runs on five hits while striking out 3.
- Cory Oswalt relieved an ineffective Matz, and didn’t do much better as the Cardinals scored two more on a fielders choice and a Todd Frazier error and it was 7-1 after 4.
- Bottom 5, Jed Gyorko widened the gap with a two run home run. 9-1 St. Louis, which would end up as the final score.
- Michael Wacha was dazzling, stifling the Mets and striking out 8 in 6 innings of work giving up just the one run.
- Mets wrap up their three-game series, as well as the season series against the Cardinals Thursday afternoon in St. Louis, First pitch 1:15, Noah Syndergaard on the hill. Mets on Deck comes to you at 12:05 (Thumbnail Credit: Getty Images)
Content Goes Here